Question:
How easy or hard is it to find a pitch for a mobile catering van at festivals, events, boot fairs etc?
2009-05-13 10:35:00 UTC
I want to (and am determined to) start up my mobile catering business (burger wagon type thing) but have a few questions to ask. I'd really appreciate any advice, tips and suggestions etc etc. My main concern at the moment is buying the vehicle. Can't decide between a trailer, furnished or unfurnished, a catering van or converting a single decker bus as I was pleasantly surprised at how cheap some are! What do you think? thanks
Eleven answers:
blackpool lass
2009-05-13 15:34:28 UTC
hiya, be very careful, as the reason the mobile catering vans are cheap is because the council and the health are closing them down,as they want them of the roads.i had a mobil burger bar,i was i Business for 10yrs,i was sighted at a Industrial est,and had my place permanent.a FEW years ago,the council clapped down on the van's. it know has to have a license to trade with, they are very hard to get.car boot sale,horse shows and things like that, you have to get a license to go on the venue,and if you are lucky to get one they cost about £2/300and you will be lucky if you make that amount that day.the health dept, does spot checks on you a lot,and you can get a heavy fine,or closed down.its not easy at all now a days.they do every think they can to get you of the road,and won't think twice on shutting you down,for some think and nothing.so if i was you would look into the council to get a licences and the health dept to check your van, your house,because the food is stored there,and yourself,apron etc.
2015-08-12 03:18:13 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

2016-12-27 02:10:22 UTC
Catering Pitches For Sale
burchette
2016-11-11 01:13:14 UTC
Burger Van Pitches
Greenth
2009-05-13 11:51:50 UTC
Also keep your eyes open for vans being sold with pitch licences effectively taking over a going concern and then putting your unique touch on it (the costs can make your eyes water though). Ditto for the food hygiene requirements. There maybe some opportunity to operate a truly mobile catering business visiting villages without easy access to bricks and mortar operations. I know of a few that are doing quite well. Consider partnering with someone with an option to buy their share you may find someone coming up to retirement (aka fed up!) who is willing to. Finally, if you think outside of the standard menu you might find that show organisers are looking to provide greater choice for their customers and you can get in this way, I got in to local fairs and shows by offering locally produced food and drink for example.
?
2009-05-13 10:48:52 UTC
it costs a lot of money to put a catering van of any sort of site. you might get lucky with a car boot sale but generally a good well attended show will charge several thousand pounds . i mean big shows like the great dorset steam fair. smaller ones will have to charge less but if it rains for your whole event you may well be out of pocket. my local car boot has one burger van on site and it will not allow any others. our council will not allow vans to park in laybys. having said that, some vans make a living. but dont give up your day job until you are well established.
2014-10-23 06:28:32 UTC
I'm making good profit with penny stock

Check here http://trade-pennystock.checkhere.info

Many new investors are lured to the appeal of a penny stock due to the low price and potential for rapid growth which may be as high as several hundred percent in a few days. Similarly, severe loss can occur and many penny stocks lose all of their value in the long term. Accordingly, the SEC warns that penny stocks are high risk investments and new investors should be aware of the risks involved but you can even make very big money. These risks include limited liquidity, lack of financial reporting, and fraud. A penny stock is a common stock that trades for less than $5 a share. While penny stocks generally are quoted over-the-counter, such as on the OTC Bulletin Board or in the Pink Sheets, they may also trade on securities exchanges, including foreign securities exchanges. In addition, penny stocks include the securities of certain private companies with no active trading market. Although a penny stock is said to be "thinly traded," share volumes traded daily can be in the hundreds of millions for a sub-penny stock. Legitimate information on penny stock companies can be difficult to find and a stock can be easily manipulated.
2009-05-13 10:46:23 UTC
As you will need a food preparation hygiene certificate for both yourself and the van - I suggest you buy one that is already fitted out and has the certification. Then you need to research the events near to ou and find one that doesn't charge the earth to pitch up. Car boot sales and small shows are often the cheapest.
2017-02-20 01:55:39 UTC
1
?
2016-05-02 01:52:31 UTC
If you want to make money with binary options then this detailed educational articles and strategy guides. Go here https://tr.im/2iLnu

These will teach you to efficiently trade financial assets and increase your winning probabilities. You can implement these strategies at binary options brokers. The idea is to always choose legit and reputable brokers to avoid being scammed
2014-12-19 09:46:31 UTC
the best trading software http://tradingsolution.info

i have attended a lot of seminars, read counless books on forex trading and it all cost me thousands of dollars. the worst thing was i blew up my first account. after that i opened another account and the same thing happened again. i started to wonder why i couldn,t make any money in forex trading. at first i thought i knew everything about trading. finally i found that the main problem i have was i did not have the right mental in trading. as we know that psychology has great impact on our trading result. apart from psychology issue, there is another problem that we have to address. they are money management, market analysis, and entry/exit rules. to me money management is important in trading. i opened another account and start to trade profitably after i learnt from my past mistake. i don't trade emotionally anymore.

if you are serious about trading you need to address your weakness and try to fix it. no forex guru can make you Professional trader unless you want to learn from your mistake.